Chemical - Free Filox Iron, Hydrogen Sulfide & Manganese Filter
Filox™ is used for removing iron, hydrogen sulfide ( Rotten Egg Smell ), and manganese
from water supplies. It is a media that utilizes an oxidation-reduction
reaction and filtration process similar to Greensand, but at a much
higher level of performance. Filox-R™ contains 80% manganese dioxide in
an extremely unique cluster format for enhanced performance and
maximized capacity. Filox-R™ out performs Greensand, Brim, etc. due to
the purity of its particles, superior oxidation/filtration capacity, and
- Filox is a High performance media for iron, hydrogen sulfide, and manganese removal.
- Filox alone under the right conditions is capable of handling up to 15
ppm (parts per million) iron, 7 ppm hydrogen sulfide, and 3 ppm
- Effective PH range 5.0 to 9.0
- No oxidizing chemicals needed for regeneration.
- Filox Media out performs traditional media such as Birm® and Greensand.
- System uses the advanced Vortech ™ mineral tank with superior flow properties. This tank requires no gravel underbedding with Filox.
- Highest flow rate of any standard iron removal media, 6 gpm/cu.ft service flow; 12-15 gpm/sq.ft backwash rate.
- 57 lbs per 1/2 cubic foot.