1.5 Cu. Ft. Iron Filter with 89 Series Valve
Remove Stubborn Iron Without Chemicals
Incoming water passes through a compressed pocket of air contained in the tank.
The oxygen in the air precipitates the iron into solid form and is removed when it passes through the filters birm media bed.
Birm acts as a catalyst in the reaction between iron and oxygen that also causes the iron to precipitate into a solid. As more water passes through the unit the air becomes depleted and the birm becomes overloaded with the iron. Periodic automatic regeneration replenishes the supply of air and cleans the media of filtered iron. Birm is not consumed in the iron removal process and therefore is much more economical than many other iron removal processes
1.5 Cu. Ft. Flow rate Service 4gpm, Peak 10gpm and Backwash 5gpm 10 x 54 tanks, 1/2" - 1" pipe size
Handles 30 ppm of Iron and a trace of Hydrogen Sulfide
• Exclusive NSF Certified 89 electronic control valve
• Large Backlit LCD display screen with 4 line/ 80 character touch pad
• Natural oxidation removes iron without chemicals, air pumps or a venturi
• Low maintenance two tank system
• Regenerate less frequently than traditional iron filters using up to 50% less water than manganese greensand filters
• Lifetime Warranty on NSF Certified tank; 7 years on NSF Certified control valve
• Meter Immediate, Meter Delayed, Meter with Day Override, Vacation and Calendar Clock mode
• Adjustable cycle times
•Audible Cycle Advance Alarm sounds if the valve is stuck in any position for more than 2 minutes
•Use less power than an alarm clock (approx. $1.19 annually)
• Unique bypass with an integrated space saving turbine meter. One-piece design avoids meter jamming
• Time saving quick connect fittings on bypass and brine line. Power cord even has quick connect for easy valve spin on.
• Drain line o-ring eliminates need for Teflon
• Optional flexible stainless steel connectors are also available